Saturday, January 10, 2009

Introduction to the Tales

I work in the food and beverage industry. It isn't the most glamorous of jobs, but it can be one of the most entertaining experiences one can ever have. I meet people from all around the world who come to my home of Charleston, SC for vacation, business, or simply to get away. Even though they all have their individual reasons for coming, they all have one thing in common, to venture out into the city and beaches and terrorize the folks that work hard to show them a good time while visiting our coastal town. These people are not alone in their needy ways. Every bar or restaurant has their own barfly locals that come and sit for hours on end just to sit and enjoy the scenery. Any bartender can pick their favorites, and know of those small few that toss out the most obnoxious of requests, which quickly become the bane of each and every bartender that seems to float through the establishment.

Many of the servers, bartenders, managers, and others that work in such establishments will nod their heads as the read my stories. I hope that I can also give those who do not work for the industry a little insight into just what we deal with on a daily basis, and those who do a few laughs along the way.

Please Note: Not all the stories I have to share are bad ones. I do come across a select few customers that I really enjoy to talk with, serve, and entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment