Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Be aware of your dining wear

It was the first warm day we had since the beginning of November. It also happened to be the weekend of a particularly busy event where I live, that called all tourists/nature lovers from miles around to torture everyone in a service position. This one particular gem of a customer happened to be a local. She ordered a sandwich and of course had to change everything about it before waving me away like her butler. Since it was so nice outside we were extremely busy for lunch, and I did not have time to go check on the outcome of their meal as soon as it had come out, but as start to head over to their out of the way table I noticed my customer being a little pushy and animated toward one of the kitchen staff. How she was able to score one of them from the kitchen was beyond me, but since she was my customer I decided to intervene. I asked was was wrong with her lunch and she decides to go into a very rude and loud explanation as to why she was upset. Now I don't deal with rude people in a very graceful manner, usually losing my temper and knocking them from the high horse they seem to love so much. I was as polite as possible in explaining that I would fix her lunch as quick as possible, but of course she wasn't having that, and just walked away. I told my boss I wasn't going back to the table and that she could deal with her. So ten minutes later she comes in looking for the manager, and decides that it's a great idea to cause yet another scene with yelling and many hand gestures flying around. I had enough. I noticed she was wearing her work uniform and as she was paying her check I simply asked "You work at _______ right?" She replied with a smile and a simple "yes". I just glared and said "Good to know." Pushing the check book with her change into her hands, I stalked off to finish my shift. Now I have always thought about what it would be like to get revenge and visit someone at their job right after they were an evil customer, but I never thought I would actually act upon that desire. I called her General Manager and informed them that she acted like a total wench and caused a huge scene in our restaurant, which she had done once before on a previous visit, wearing her work uniform which she proudly wears. They didn't seem too pleased that she represented their company in such an unladylike manner. Maybe next time she will think before freaking out over such a small issue. Revenge is sweet.

1 comment: