Tuesday, January 13, 2009

50% OFF SALE

Working in any section near the bar can be difficult. The bartender always wants the volume of the music turned up beyond normal dining listening. I am a fairly tall guy and usually the customer is either talking into their menu or placing their order to the person sitting across from them, therefore hearing what they say can be difficult. Instead of leaning over their table or sticking my hiney into the aisle, I normally choose to sit next them if a seat is available. I never think anything of it and normally people think its funny anyway. This particular table evidently did not think highly of such behavior. Their meal was fine, they ordered multiple beers, and seemed very satisfied at the end of their dinner. I told them goodnight and went to pick up their check after they had left and written inside on the their check was "50% penalty for sitting next to my wife". Of course I burst into laughter and simply had to share this completely ridiculous scrawl with every staff member as well as a few of my other customers, who also thought it to be a total joke. Oh and trust me the 50% tip he left...well lets just say the 100% wasn't really all the impressive to begin with.

1 comment: