Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Know What You Mean..

I think one of the most annoying thing about serving tables are the customers that sit at your table and pretend to know what it's like. These are the people that spent their college years pulling pies, tossing wings, or spinning liquor bottles. I understand that they have an idea of what goes on at a bar or restaurant, but what really gets to me is they have really forgotten all about what it's really like. I had a woman come in with her friends, and really just started off on that wrong foot. She ordered water and whipped out a Crystal Light drink packet from her purse. Ordering water is nothing to be ashamed of, I order just water most of the time (even though I accompany it with some adult beverage), but the fact that she ordered water just so she wouldn't have to pay for a drink. She went on to include a few "if it's possibles" and "would it be ok if I changed this'". As hard as she tried to convince me that she knew all about what it was like, her behavior proved how diluted she really was. Nice try sweet pea, come again when that past bites you on the rear as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment